Thursday, August 31, 2006

Peruvian Comes to Cortland

The Chronicle's Inside Scoop reported on what's coming into the old Moki's space:
After much snooping, I found out that chef Carlos Altamirano, who also owns Mochica (937 Harrison, near Fifth Street), will take over the old Moki's space at 830 Cortland in Bernal Heights and reopen it as Piqueos before the end of the year. He'll serve Peruvian tapas that will span multiple regions, and is traveling to Peru's rain forests next month to do more research.

Prices will be $7-$10. The restaurant will open for lunch and dinner, and possibly brunch. It will seat around 90, including the expanded enclosed patio built by the former owners. The look will be more sophisticated than Mochica, but will still use bright, warm colors.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was reading your BH blog and you seem to have a good idea of what Bernal Heights is like.

I am a student reporter from SF State and I have been assaigned to cover stories in Bernal for the semester.

I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions on your thoughts about Bernal Heights, so that I can get a "taste" of what it is all about.

You can e-mail me at BritanyL@msn.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Britany Lueras

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home